Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, November 23, 2023

Low Key Day


We went to the free community dinner at Radiant Church today. Josh went with us. They were taking photos for people against a decorative backdrop. Here is ours.


This event is always very busy. I am not sure how many people they serve, but a lot. (The paper reported that between eat-in and takeout, they served 504 dinners.)
community thanksgiving dinner


One nice perk is that there is pie for dessert.
piece of cherry pie


I worked on the pantry a bit, took a walk, and that's about it. Last year, for Thanksgiving, I took a hike!

SeeThanksgiving 2022
See Thanksgiving 2021

3 comments:

Ann said...

A free dinner and a lovely portrait. How wonderful. That picture of the three of you is really nice. The pie looks good. I had cherry pie yesterday. It was delicious.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Pie, pie, I love pie ... Well okay I have never had pie but I'm sure I would love it if I did."
Java Bean: "We like that picture of you! Our Dada has a pullover that looks a lot like Josh's, only it's purple and black!"

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- Cherry pie is just sounding wonderful! I'm happy whenever I can get a pretty good family picture.

Lulu- take my word for it. Pie is GREAT! Java- I think those pullovers are pretty popular.