Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, November 9, 2023

Same Old?


I'm beginning to want to walk again. But I have to be honest and say that my three-mile road loop that is easy to do from my house is not feeling very appealing. However, I looked back, and the last time I shared pictures from it with you was three years ago! The best feature is the tiny pond/wetland.
small pond


I have to admit that for mid-November, this sure looked more like an October sky!
clouds


It may open even more, but the gazania I brought inside has all three buds opening. I took it out in the sun today to try to coax it to spread its petals. I'm enjoying the final hurrah of color. I wouldn't mind getting some of these in a variety of colors next year. They seem to be happy in my soil and obviously bloom well for me!
magenta gazania


In other news: I edited, I puttered on the household mess a little, and Vacation from DMS is up to 8441 words.

See Three Mile Loop Again

3 comments:

Ann said...

When I was walking I found that I got rather bored with the routes I had around here. At least your 3 mile loop has the pond.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Ayyy, a three-mile loop from our house would involve a bunch of cars and sidewalks and loose dogs that shouldn't be loose. I guess that's why we always have to go to the park for our walkies!"

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- it does. That helps.

Lulu- Parks are nice. I hope yours is close. I do have to put up with a lot of cars