Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, November 25, 2023

My Little Sausage


Sunny is all trussed up like a sausage for the winter before we start getting snow. Perhaps the first significant fall tonight and tomorrow. I had to go buy some new rope, but the cover is in good condition.

So, yes this means I'm not taking the trailer on my January trip. And yes, this means that Marie is not going with me. Her back is giving her fits, and she can't ride that far. This will be a trip to see people that are more in my world than hers; she was just going to go for the fun of it. But it won't be fun at all if she can't move. I'm sorry she can't go, but it's OK.
travel trailer covered for winter


I kept puttering at finishing the last of the repair jobs over the last week or so. The light switch is properly mounted in the box, although it's not flush. Maybe I can improve that another time, but for now, it's OK.
trailer light switch


I mounted a paper towel holder under the kitchen cupboard.
paper towel holder in trailer


And, Sue had created a little shelf for the corner under the counter, but it always tipped backwards. I think I've now got that fixed. But it's a rough job. If this works, we'll call this a template for a nice shelf. It's very handy and was a great idea.
corner shelf in a small trailer


In other news: the kitchen floor is almost cleared. I put everything back in the trailer that won't matter if it freezes, but that leaves me a lot of stuff to keep in the house. I'm not sure where all that is going to go. There's just so much to do. I did client work in the morning, and worked on putting the trailer to bed and cleanup all afternoon. I'm whipped.

See Trailer Repairs

2 comments:

Ann said...

Expecting that snow here too. I hope they're wrong. Too bad Marie won't be able to go with you in January. Always more fun traveling with someone

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- I find it hard to believe this would have been a lot of fun for Marie anyway, although she is good with people.