Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, November 13, 2023

Thanksgiving Decor


I was very happy to see that one family, at least, did not feel the need to jump directly to Christmas. Genuine Thanksgiving decorations!
Thanksgiving decor


I looked back through the blog, and I can hardly believe I've never shown you my little Thanksgiving decoration set. I love this village scene, purchased long ago, maybe around 1994 or 1995, for more money than I usually spend on that sort of thing. But I've never regretted it because I like it so much.

Re- displaying decorations, I wasn't even home last year, and the year before that the house was covered with preparations for the hike. So I'm not sure when I last got it out. Yes, the Indians have the wrong kind of dwelling, blah, blah... it's symbolic of the different cultures coming together.
Thanksgiving decorations


I walked to town this afternoon and the light on this spirea bush was fantastic!
yellow autumn shrub


I managed to fill the entire day with stuff, although it doesn't seem like much. I'm formatting a book for someone, I did errands, I spent a little time cleaning, and mailed a pile of things.

I spent way longer than seems reasonable researching one little thing for Vacation from DMS, and managed to write just a little bit. It's now at 10,812 words.

See Breaking the Rules

2 comments:

Ann said...

Now there's something you don't see very often. I don't think I've ever seen anyone ever decorate for Thanksgiving around here. I like it.
Nice village. I'll be pulling my Christmas one out after Thanksgiving.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- I decorate for anything very seldom any more. If I get any energy it needs to be applied to cleaning up messes.