Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Color and Money

 

Get Off the Couch with Joan
Money first, just because I'm so "proud." I finally sold a copy of Get Off the Couch with Joan! It's just $2.99, eBook format only, but you can get it in HTML, pdf, or rtf as well as formats that work with the fancy readers. I have NO idea what a typical conversion rate is, but this is one sale with 59 views. If anyone has any insight on this topic, I'll be interested to hear.

Now for Color! These pictures are from yesterday's hike. With the leaves mostly fallen, I was forced to look more closely for the gem-like details.
yellow mushroom

These little yellow mushrooms were split, and looked almost like flowers. I tried to ID them, but couldn't find a good match in my books, and I don't know enough about mushrooms in general to take me any farther. I got a picture, and then one of the dogs stepped on them!
oak leaf

In the midst of all the surrounding brown, one lone orange sprig of oak was curled toward the sun.
red leaf

The red maple leaves seem to hold their color just a little bit longer. It was hard to pick just one to share, but I like how this one landed near some green moss.
red pines

Finally, I just have to share this one. Our hike overlapped with the one I did just a few days ago, Walking at Ward Hills, and this is the same small pine plantation that I mentioned photographing so often. No sun yesterday, but I think maybe I like this picture the best of all.
pine forest art print

I liked it so much that I decided to play with it. You can click this one to make it bigger if you want.


See Walking at Ward Hills
See Almost Good Timing at Timber Creek

8 comments:

rainfield61 said...

The last one offers an eerie hike

Glynis Peters said...

Love the pics. Congratulations on your book sale.

An award awaits on my blog for you.

Have a good week.

Ann said...

Congratulations on the book sale.
Love the shots, the last one has a very creepy feel to it. The evil Halloween forest...lol

spinninglovelydays said...

Congrats on the sale! I would never have realized that was a mushroom if you hadn't said so. Great pics as usual. :)

Lin said...

You are right! That is the best of all!!! I thought so before I read the post. :)

Sharkbytes said...

rainfield- wouldn't it be odd to find a woods that looked like that to our eyes?

Glynis! Thank you, I'll stop by and pick it up this week.

Ann- it seems like something from a fantasy... the trees are so stark.

Ivy- when I first saw it, I thought it was a flower until I stopped and looked closer.

Lin- I'm often surprised at what the camera finds that my brain refused to see.

RNSANE said...

That was such an interesting mushroom! You encounter so much on your treks.

Those pine trees grow so tall and close together in your woods. It's interesting at the difference in trees in different parts of the country. I love those huge live oaks that grow in many parts of New Orleans - they are so huge and sprawling, no other trees can grow near them.

mizztraveller said...

congrat on ur book sale .

All the best an God bless you