Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, October 11, 2010

White

 

fog

I just thought I'd do another color essay. Here's that orange cherry, but hidden in morning fog

aspen trunks

Do you recognize these aspen trunks? They were previously featured in "WOW in blue and white."

milkweed seeds
Here's a typical but lovely autumn sight. Milkweed seeds- so silky!

swan
I haven't showed you the pictures this came from yet. This is mama swan, she's white, for sure.

calico aster
Finally, this is the calico aster again, just a very good-looking patch of it!



8 comments:

Duxbury Ramblers said...

Love the photos, morning mist is so magical, you never know what you will find.

Ann said...

Great pictures. I love the look of that milk weed, so soft looking and the swan is beautiful

rainfield61 said...

The last picture looks like the flowers are printed on a piece of cloth.

Auntie E's Garden said...

The first photo is amazing. Like the way the fog is pieced a little with the rusty colors of the Elm.

Secondary Roads said...

I failed to capture a single photo from that beautiful foggy morning. It was like magic, wasn't it?

spinninglovelydays said...

That's a great white collection. I esp love the one of the morning fog. Fogs here mean cooler than usual days (which are really rare). :)

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Carol- I think I should show some longer shots of the foggy morning. It was pretty neat!

Ann- I think the milkweed might be my favorite

rainfield- yes, it's hard to believe that weedy little aster can look so good!

Auntie- it's interesting that so many of you like that one. I wanted the fog to look whiter, but it was what it was.

Chuck- medium magic here. It didn't make layers like it sometimes does.

Ivy- we are supposed to cool off a bit this week. So far, we still seem to be in Indian Summer.

RNSANE said...

What a nice series of photos. I like the calico asters because they look a lot like daisies. Somehow, that yellow and white is so pretty to me.

The swan looks so regal and elegant.