Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Dry Days Maze - Wet Days Maze


dog in big bluestem

Remember the Big Bluestem, Turkeyfoot Grass? I love it, and it's so very happy in one location in my kingdom that in the fall it's just like a short maze to get through it. Here's Maggie entering the maze from the south on October 7, a nice dry day.

dog in big bluestem

Here's Maggie, exiting the maze two days ago when everything was wet. Those colors are really close to how it looked under the different conditions.

I just like walking through that section of my trail.



6 comments:

rainfield61 said...

Oh Maggie is leading me to a maze. Amazing.

Ann said...

way to go on making it through there Maggie

RNSANE said...

That dog is brilliant. Of course, she has a smart mother, doesn't she?

jeanlivingsimple said...

I love that Maggie is carrying a stick!:)

Sharkbytes said...

rainfield- she is an aMAZing pup

Ann- she never gets lost!

Carmen- I'm smart enough to mow the path so I actually can find it.

Jean- She has always LOVED to carry something around with her.

The Oceanside Animals said...

That reminds me of the meadow out between the two stretches of forest behind our house back in New York. Tucker used to tear around the paths there like a lunatic.