Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Views While Biking in Holland

 
fall leaves


Yup, it was more than a bike ride, it was a gorgeous fall color tour. There were even people out driving around with their cameras and stopping to take pictures of some of the trees.

red tree


This tree was getting a particular amount of attention from passers-by. A couple even recognized us in the restaurant as the bikers who were taking its picture while they were snapping it from their van.

water tower


I love things like old water towers. Here's one of the design that was the standard in the first half of the 20th century. The graffiti even looks like it's celebrating the season.

morning glory


We were surprised to find these morning glories in full bloom in mid-afternoon. But they sure were an amazing contrast to all the warm colors.

squirrel


While we were ogling the blueness, someone started scolding loudly across the street. I don't know what she was so unhappy about, but I managed to catch her picture!

And that's all... it was a great day!



7 comments:

rainfield61 said...

Morning glories are very common over here as well.

Secondary Roads said...

It sure is a wonderful time of year -- while it lasts . . .

Ann said...

Nothing better than spending the day taking in the beautiful fall colors.

Cynthia said...

ahhh gorgeous! I love the fall.

Lin said...

I'm such an idiot. At first I was all like "Hey, when did Sharky go overseas?" and then I didn't see any wooden shoes or tulips and I realized it was Holland, MICHIGAN!

I know, I know. There are lots of wooden shoes and tulips there too--but you know what I mean.

Commence snickering on my behalf. ;)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos! I set the first as my wallpaper background on my desktop ;-)

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

rainfield- that is very interesting. I would have guessed they were only northern (never really looked it up!)

Chuck- yes, indeed! We seem to be getting a nice dose this year.

Ann- it really was special

Cynthia- spring used to be my favorite, but I sure like the cool days. I may have to change my mind. O well, I just like whatever season it is.

Lin- 3,2,1, snicker

Vicky- wow... enjoy it!