Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Just Having Artsy Fun


I thought I was going to share a very surprising little weedy flower with you today. Who can believe that something could still be blooming after many freezing nights, and last week's snow? But there were some little Herb Robert flowers blooming among the pines.

herb robert

But the camera decided that I had intended to focus on... who knows what, and the pictures aren't worth looking at, really.

So, I decided to waste some time an play with the picture. And the truth is that the flower isn't even the most interesting thing in the picture... the leaves are. You can click this one to make it larger if you want.

autumn surprise art print

Don't forget to come back for Blog Jog tomorrow (post will show just after midnight), and pick up your clue for the November contest.


See Color and Money
See Just Wow in Blue and White


8 comments:

Ann said...

pictures that turn out not so good can make for some very interesting art work. I've wasted lots of time doing that myself :) I like yours it look really neat.

Duxbury Ramblers said...

The original is beautiful to me but I am biased :)

Lin said...

I still have violets and pansies blooming here, in spite of the cold. I actually went out and watered them yesterday! I figure they are trying, so I'll help them along. :)

Raleigh RoxStar said...

I love that you found the beauty of this little flower still growing despite the cold. I really like the photo with the color enhancements, too.

Thanks for stopping by Mindful Banter during Blog Jog Day. It's a pleasure to meet you!

spinninglovelydays said...

How thrilling to find something unexpected... :)

Joanne Olivieri said...

While I love your artistic work, very colorful, I have to admit I love the original as well. I like the realness of the photo.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- your works inspire me to play once in a while. Your's come out really good.

Carol- the lonely little flower had a message, but the focus wasn't good.

Lin- Nothing here that I'm watering! Oops... I think I need to do the inside plants!

Hi RoxStar- Nice to meet you! Thanks for leaving a note.

Ivy- I live for unexpected! (the good ones anyway)

Jo- sometimes realistic is just too real. A little fantasy is required. Haha!

Dr. Pratibha Singh said...

thats so creative of you.great colors and pictures too.http://pratibhameanstalent.blogspot.com/