Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Augusta Rose


Augusta Rose stairs

Come up the stairs...

Augusta Rose Pemberley Room

... to the Pemberley Room.

Augusta Rose Pemberley Room

Here we are.

Augusta Rose doorknob detail
Yes, I am spending the night in a beautiful Bed & Breakfast called the Augusta Rose, in Napoleon, Ohio. I am giving a program about my hikes in Grand Rapids (Ohio) tomorrow, for the Maumee Valley Heritage Corridor annual meeting. They are putting me up here. If you are just east of Toledo tomorrow, head over to Napoleon Hall at 1 pm and say hello! (I think there is an entry fee)

I'll show you pictures of the outside of the Augusta Rose tomorrow. It's a wonderful Victorian mansion.

I have no working music player in my car any more, so I had time on the way down to cook up a plot for the next Accentuate Writer's contest story. So that was good.

I'll just say goodnight, with a detail from the headboard.

Augusta Rose headboard detail



7 comments:

betchai said...

best wishes on your activity tomorrow Sharkbytes, you are one busy hiker, so glad for you.

The Oceanside Animals said...

That's a beautiful B&B!

Ann said...

Love that staircase. I've always wanted a house that had a staircase like that :) Sure does look like a pretty place. Good luck with your program.

RNSANE said...

Well, those are digs worthy of a famous author, naturist, & outdoorswoman! I enjoyed the photos from my rainy hospital room. This birthday Droid 2 has come in handy.

Lin said...

Ooooh, a princess room! Awfully swanky, Sharky! Are you gonna soak in a bubble bath while you are there??! ;)

Have fun!

spinninglovelydays said...

It looks like a lovely, romantic place. Enjoy your stay and have fun at the meeting! :)

vanilla said...

You had me at the bannister and stairway. Wow.

Knock 'em dead!