Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Only One Picture- It's the Skis' Fault


Sorry, this isn't going to be a very interesting post. I've missed two more great pictures because of the skis. "Huh?" you ask. At least at the beginning of the season, I don't feel confident enough to take the camera out on ski adventures. So... yesterday I missed a really interesting shot- a shadow I've never seen before. If we get afternoon sun again, I may be able to yet bring you that one.

However, I missed pictures today that there will probably be few chances to repeat. I thought I saw "my" hawk flying over the field coming from the cemetery. But then, I realized that it was a bald eagle. There are quite a few in the area now, but this is only the second time I've seen one in "my kingdom." Sigh.

So, what you are going to get is yesterday's sunset. It was nice to see the sun!



Yes, Loretta, I worked on the afghan today. And... I think I have a part-time job. I start training on Jan. 3.



7 comments:

rainfield61 said...

Merry Christmas.

Ann said...

I've missed out on pictures too because I didn't want to take the camera where I was going for fear of something happening to it.
Earlier in the week I spotted a hawk in my back yard. After Christmas is over with I'll be posting it
Good luck on the part time job.

Glynis Peters said...

Merry Christmas!

Duxbury Ramblers said...

Merry Christmas to Everyone.

spinninglovelydays said...

Merry Christmas! Curious about that shadow and would love to hear more about the job...
God bless! :)

Sharkbytes said...

rainfield- and to you too!

Ann- I'll watch for your hawk! I think I'm ok to start taking the camera on skis (with a cover)

Glynis- Merry Christmas right back at you, but I bet you don't have snow!

Carol- A most Merry Christmas to you, my new friend across the pond.

Ivy- Merry Christmas to you! And I'll tell more about the job later this week.

RNSANE said...

I usually keep my camera with me all the time - it's the one time that I leave it home that I, of course, see the picture that I absolutely shouldn't have missed!!