Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, September 23, 2011

The Background for This Season


tile made from fish skeletonDid anyone guess what the background for this fall is built from? Here's the tile.

I have a lot of fun playing around with pictures to make these.

But this time, you might not be so thrilled with the original topic. Here it is: a long-dead salmon.

salmon skeleton

At least it was so well cleaned and dried that Maggie didn't even try to roll in it!

if you like this blog, click the +1  

8 comments:

Loretta said...

A dead Salmon, eh...never would have guessed that one! Love the final result though.

Secondary Roads said...

I thought the bg looked like fish bones, but thought had to be a plant of some kind.

I've been trying to visualize how you formed the bg image from the photo. It looks like it involved rotating, folding and rotating back. Time for breakfast. I'll think about it later. Or not.

Classic NYer said...

That's actually super creative, and makes a great effect!

Ann said...

I never would have guessed that in a million years. Very cool how you made the tile from the picture

rainfield61 said...

It is so good for your background does not have the smell of Salmon.

Sharkbytes said...

Loretta- Thanks- the "fix up" is a bit more appealing

Chuck- HA! I've got you too used to thinking of me with plants all in the same breath

NYer- Thanks! I just fool around till I get something I like

Ann- you are the master at doing nice effects with pix!

rainfield- I think you have made the most important observation yet!

RNSANE said...

I would never have guess that! I love salmon, even raw...but long dead isn't my favorite, except in this manner!

Lin said...

Yuck. I think I was better off NOT knowing what it was! Hahaha!