Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, May 27, 2019

Pink Smiles

 
As you know, pink is not on my list of favorite colors. But sometimes, it's just what is needed to give a little upward bend to the lips or a twinkle to the eye.

The apple trees are in full blossom.

apple blossoms

The first of the fleeceflowers in my whatever-still-lives flower bed are starting to bloom.

fleeceflower

And this was a nice surprise. I had a big patch of candystripe moss phlox at the top of my rock garden. It has been reverting to patches of pink and white, with not much of the striped flowers left. But look what came back this year! There better be lots of time to build rock gardens in heaven without the restrictions of too many damaging critters and not enough money.

candystripe moss phlox

In other news: I got quite a lot done today. In the morning, I wrote and turned in my newspaper column for this month. Then I did two loads of laundry. Remember that cup of coffee I spilled on my maps? Well it also went all over my bed, so I had to wash everything. Then, I got around to trying to start the mower. Usually I have to put it on the charger for a day, but this spring, it started right up. Wow! I got about 3/4 of the mowing done before the rain started and I had to quick take down the laundry! Not bad. I don't often do more than half the yard at a time. So, I didn't quite finish, but did really well. Now it's raining steadily. It's supposed to stop tomorrow afternoon. Maybe I can finish mowing on Wednesday.

See Just Add Water and Sun
if you like this blog, click

Like This!


1 comment:

Ann said...

I like the candystripe moss phlox. Had to laugh at your whatever still lives flower bed. I have one of those too but mine has mosttly weeds in it.