Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Still Tough Enough

 
Yes, I'm still tough enough to shovel this entire driveway by hand. I won't tell you it was exactly how I wanted to spend my day.

snowy driveway

However, if I weren't so lazy, I wouldn't have had to do that. We went to bed with a dusting of snow, and woke up to 14-16 inches. Omer was supposed to go out for breakfast. I had no clue we had gotten all this snow, and leaped out of bed to do the driveway, but the snowblower wouldn't start. His friend came and picked him up. I kept shoveling.

It took me 4 hours, but that was enough to make it so we could get out.

Of course, if I'd checked the snowblower before the very day I needed it there wouldn't have been this problem, right? Getting it running involved a trip to the dealer because I broke one shear pin because the auger was frozen into the dirt. Very bad not smiling face mea culpa.

Anyway, I got it going around 4 pm, and cleared the rest of the top and widened the bottom a little bit. I'm pretty sure I'll feel this tomorrow- already taking ibuprofen, but I got 'er done. 3 more inches of snow on the way.

There is no other news. I've spent all day on this. Bell choir practice was cancelled, but I'm headed to writer's group in a few minutes.

See First and Second Snow

3 comments:

Bruce Matthews said...

....and who knew we'd be getting such a load of snow mid-Novembers=.....

Ann said...

4 hours of shoveling I would have been exhausted. I only had to shovel the front sidewalk when I got home since the driveway wasn't too bad. We didn't get nearly what you did (yet)

Secondary Roads said...

My guess is three to four inches here. Weather radar made it clear that you were hit hard by this. Now this cold. I could without it.