Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, December 26, 2020

Brave #3 - Skaters' Waltz

  Lest you all upbraid me if I suggest that it's possibly not ever my day to play accordion well, I will only say that today was not my day to play accordion well.

However, I didn't want to let all the practice of the last few weeks go by the wayside. So what you get is a digitally smashed up version with the various sections played tolerably. Not perfectly. It absolutely blows my mind that I played this piece in public and nailed it several years ago.

This is the Skaters' Waltz by Waldteufel, written in 1882. Listening to me play it, I'm beginning to think it's boring. But I think that's just fatigue from playing and playing and editing and editing. I usually love this piece.

Anyway, here you go.



In other news: This was my day to relax. No cooking. No extra family. No walking. I did a tiny bit of editing and played my game.
See Sleep, Holy Babe

3 comments:

Ann said...

I think you did a wonderful job of playing this.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Our Dada says it's not a boring melody at all! In fact he says it's a Viennese waltz, which is his favorite of all the ballroom dances!"
Charlee: "Not that he's been ballroom dancing in nearly a year."
Chaplin: "But he says he thinks he still remembers how to do it."

Lin said...

Bravo!! Sure sounded good to me!

I know nothing about accordion playing. Does the sheet music tell you when to open and close it? Or do you just know? And maybe I missed this...but when did you learn to play? Did you take lessons? What age did you take this up?

I am intrigued!