Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, December 24, 2020

Kitchen Day

  I was mostly lazy today. But the primary duties were kitchen ones. Two and a half are done. The other half is in progress, and the fourth one is postponed.

We decided to have a pork roast tomorrow, and it's good with mint jelly. I had some mint infusion in the freezer, and the store actually had pectin (not always a given), so... ta da! mint jelly

And Om requested chocolate chip cookies. So I made those. This is a huge recipe. I should have cut it in half, but we will freeze a lot of them, and I'll be glad later that that made them. chocolate chip cookies

The pecan rolls for tomorrow morning are raising. Then they just have to go in the pan with the sugar and butter and pecans and be put in the fridge for the second raising. They bake in the morning. Nothing much to show you yet on those.

We decided to wait on the cranberry relish. Om admitted we didn't really need it with the mint jelly. He just likes it. We'll do it in a couple of days. Works for me. I've had enough kitchen for a while.

Joshua came over for a while and we watched a virtual Christmas Eve service with five Ludington churches participating. It was very well done.

I still have some other stuff to do too.

In other news: I did my road walk. Even though it was cold, I bundled up enough that I was nice and warm. However, it was surprisingly slippery and I fell once, but all is well.

See Busy Day

3 comments:

Ann said...

I'm a bit hungry after reading your post. Kind of wish I could sneak one of those cookies off that rack.

The Furry Gnome said...

I hope you have a great Christmas day! Don't eat all those cookies at once.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- maybe next trip east I can deliver!

Stew- The sugar poisoning would be outrageous.