Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, November 6, 2022

November Blues - Day 341

  It's not what you think! Today was chilly, but it was blue-sky gorgeous. Any November day that looks like this is A-OK with me. In fact, except that it was a bit windy, it was my favorite with cool air and warm sun. No emotional "blues."
blue sky with clouds

It was all road walking today, but sometimes those are fine because you can quickly pound out the miles. At one place we were right on Lake Superior. Now, that's BLUE.
Lake Superior

This blue was a much bigger surprise. We saw several lupine in bloom. This is pretty odd since lupine's usual bloom time is in June.
lupine

This picture doesn't follow the theme of blue, but I have to show you. I really like it. It's just blackberry leaves and aspen trunks.
aspen and berry canes

Dan Geiger walked with me today. He's in the area for an upcoming Rovers Crew work week.
friends

BONUS SECTION: Superior Falls

I'm not sure why Bill and I didn't go here the other day when we went to the western point of Michigan. This is another trail from the same parking lot. Superior Falls is where the Montreal River falls down the last cliff to reach Lake Superior. You can see a dam and power station in the distance in the photo. This dams the area spanned by the bridge where I'm standing on Thursday. I don't know if eventually the trail will be able to wander down past the falls.
Superior Falls

One really intersting thing about this is that Sue went there in the morning after dropping me off. It rained all afternoon and part of the night here yesterday. But apparently all that water had not yet drained down through the watershed. Her pictures clearly show much less water going over the falls. But by mid-afternoon, the falls was roaring. That's quite a time lag.

Miles today: 15.3. Total miles so far: 3977.6.

See Stuff

5 comments:

Ellie said...

Joan....I am mesmerized by November lighting. On a clear day the lighting along with the colors on the ground and left on tenacious plant life...and the deep views into the surrounding woodlands just bring me pure, unadulterated joy. Thanks for sharing these pictures which capture what I am speaking to!

Peter Nordgren said...

We hope the trail will pass the falls on the west side. But first, the price of the property, long for sale, must become affordable for NCTA and our partners.

Ann said...

Those are my kind of blues.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "That is quite the little cataract!"
Charlee: "Did somebody say 'cat'?"

Sharkbytes said...

Ellie- that was yesterday! Today was gloomy

Peter- good to know

Ann-aren't they luscious!

Lulu- maybe it's catattack?