Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Red, White and Blue (and a freebie)

 
I've been trying to get this picture for almost two years now. It was definitely two winters ago that I realized the potential for a nice shot. First I didn't have my camera, then I didn't have time. Then the sky wasn't blue. Then the sun was in the wrong place. Then it was summer and I learned that you don't get the same effect at all when the leaves are on the trees. And around and around it went with the necessary elements not all coming together. Then today, I was in town, with time, with the camera, with the leaves down, with the sun to the west, with the sky blue...

red white and blue

The white birch are planted beside a factory building. Who knew it would make such a great picture?

And here's the freebie, a long shot looking toward Ludington from the south end of town. The tower on the left is the courthouse, and the church is Emmanuel Lutheran. There isn't anywhere I've found (from the ground) to get a good shot of the city, but this shows a little bit.

Ludington

See Moon Over the Courthouse
See Big and Blue for another long view of Ludington
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


4 comments:

vanilla said...

Finally got all your ducks, er, I mean trees, and camera, and lighting, and time in a row. Very well done, indeed.

John Sealander said...

Great picture of the Birch trees. It was worth the wait...

The Furry Gnome said...

Yes, you got it all together for that shot! Looks great!

Ann Thompson said...

That first shot is great. Love it