Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, January 24, 2021

Gray but OK

  Today was anything but the sunlight edition. The sky was flat gray all day. It seemed like dusk began as soon as the sun came up. But it was an OK day to do my road walk.

Even the drainage ditch managed to look a little appeaing. sinuous stream of water

The barnyard grass held tight to brown instead of giving in to the universal gray. barnyard grass

I found three mourning doves hunkered down high in a tree. They were all fluffed up against the cold. See the link below for how sleek they look in summer. mourning doves

The biggest excitement was this lightning strike. Yeah, I'm pulling your leg. It's snow in the cracks in the road. snow filled cracks in asphalt

In other news, I wrote a chapter in the morning and worked on several projects in the afternoon. I felt really disciplined, despite not finishing any of the afternoon tasks. Progress was made. That has to count.

See Whose Silhouette

3 comments:

Ann said...

LOL, I thought cracks on ice and then read lightning strike and had to go back and look again.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Charlee: "Birds."
Chaplin: "Birds."
Charlee: "Big puffy wuffy birds."
Chaplin: "Shivery-wivery birds."
Lulu: "You two are SO weird."

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- I love it when I make people do a double take

Charlee and Chaplin- Can you climb that high? They were waaaay up there!