Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, January 21, 2021

Timber Creek- Sunlight Edition

  Back to that same nearby trailhead at Timber Creek today. There was a group hike, so Loren and I just joined them. Not sure why the group picture has such a funky color. group of hikers

The big, wonderful news of today was that we actually saw the sun in the morning. I'm telling you that sunlight and shadows make any day better. sun through trees

The round burl is still where it always is. No surprise there! Haha. large burl

Most everyone turned around after about 2 miles. Loren and I (with Koa and Corky) continued on to 8th Street before turning around, which made our total hike 6 miles. hiker in winter woods

We finished before the sky clouded over for the afternoon, and the wind picked up again. But it was a glorious morning for a walk! blue sky beyond tall pines

Hike 100 Challenge 2021 is at 31.5 miles.

North Country Trail, Lake County, MI. Timber Creek (US 10) north to 8th St and back, 6 miles

In other news: I made myself get back to writing on Dead Mule Swamp Singer today. I don't know that there's much quality in what I wrote, but I did one chapter and moved the plot forward. I can always improve it later.

See Not Quite Endurance Edition

4 comments:

Ann said...

We had sunshine here yesterday and I had the conversation with several customers at work about how sunshine makes everything better.
LOVE that last picture looking up into the trees.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "It was nice of the dogs to take you humans out for a walk!"

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- it sure does!

Lulu- Koa is like the energizer bunny on steriods- she's always ready for a walk.

Tony Laplume said...

Sorry, that first picture feels like a Star Trek away party.