Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, January 9, 2021

All Day with Cathy

  Cathy and I planned to do a hike this morning, and we did. We walked in to check out Bowman Lake, one of my favorite places. Cathy hadn't been there before. Bowman Lake

Just the ugly selfie to prove we were there. Yes, it was cold. About 20 degrees when we started. (Up from 9 degrees when Cathy got up.) But it did warm up to the mid 30s, and the SUN CAME OUT. friends

I'd just done the Bowman Loop a couple of weeks ago, so we turned around and went south, which has one nice little hill to go over. Then we took the spur trail that leads to the Bowman Bridge Campground till it hit the road, and completed the loop with the road walk. This is not a great picture, but there was SUN! sun through white pines

Did I mention that it was SUNNY? Even the ducks were out playing. Another not great picture, but it was nice to see some wildlife. Mallards. We hiked about 4.5 miles. That was a good workout on trail that had been previously walked and then the tracks had frozen. mallard ducks

Cathy said she had gotten a jigsaw puzzle for Christmas, but it was really hard. So when we got back to her house, I went in to look at it. Well, you know what happened. I stayed all day and we finished the puzzle. What fun!

I thought I had blogged about a similar puzzle I own, so I went hunting for it. That post is linked below. I did that puzzle 10 years and 3 days ago. Turns out that was a rather self-evaluating entry. It was pretty interesing to see how I've managed to meet some of my goals over the last 10 years. So maybe it was "supposed to be" that I ended up doing a Coke puzzle with Cathy. Coke memorabilia puzzle

Not all of what we hiked was on the main NCT, so Hike 100 for 2021 is at 11 miles.

North Country Trail, Lake County, MI, Bowman Lake TH to the lake and back then south to the Bowman Bridge turnoff, north to the road, return loop on 56th St.

See Puzzles, Jigsaw and Otherwise

3 comments:

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "30 degrees? Heat wave!"
Charlee: "Fluffy dogs are so silly."

Ann said...

Sounds like you had a really nice day

Sharkbytes said...

Lulu- It did seem nice and warm.

Ann- nicest in a while!