Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, March 29, 2021

Nichols Lake in the Morning

  This morning, I dragged myself out of bed early and helped spot a hiker on the North Country Trail. We met at the north end of Nichols Lake, in Newaygo County. I've been here before, but more often at the south end, so it was a nice change of scenery. Nichols Lake

Just another view more to the east. Blue is a good start to any day. Nichols Lake

The day did warm up to the 50s, but it certainly didn't start out that way. I liked the ice on these common mullein leaves. ice on mullein leaves

Delivered the hiker to where he wanted to go, and came home. (Well, of course there were complications, but eventually he was delivered!)

In other news: I painted for almost 4 hours and did some editing.

See Common Mullein

3 comments:

Ann said...

Love that blue water. Those leaves do look a bit frosty. We had a few stray snowflakes here this morning.

Lin said...

I am grateful for your editing! :)

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- blue is so calming!

Lin- those "complications" meant I made it home later than I intended, but still got it done on time! And I'm grateful for your offer,