Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, May 23, 2021

Some Fun from Yesterday

  Sure, mostly I was trucking along knocking out the miles. But I had to take a few fun pictures.

How about the tree with octopus roots? tree with roots like tentacles

This stump isn't humorous, but I continue to be fascinated by the trees that grow in a helix.
helical growth in dead tree


This is one of the northern maidenhair ferns just opening up, but it has sort of an insect-ish, grasping kind of look- maybe like too many praying mantises. Total contrast with the cool, soothing aspect of the fully opened ferns. northern maidenhair fern

Finally, there was this passive-agressive mushroom that couldn't decide whether to bite me or hug me. mushroom with a face

I felt pretty good today- only a little stiff. I went for my 3-mile road walk just to keep limbered up. I will admit that I slept like a log last night! Spent part of the day starting to gear up to get back in the writing groove.

See 20 Miles
See Helical

2 comments:

Ann said...

That first tree looks like it's decided to pull up roots and move to a different forest.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- that is funny!