Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, December 31, 2021

Party Like it's 2022 - Day 31

  Hey, it's almost 2022, and I'll never make it to midnight, so I'll pretend. But I have completed a full month of hiking.

Tonight I got to the meet the youngest person to thru-hike the Buckeye Trail, Dain Sutton. He finished a few months ago at age 18. hikers

His grandparents, Dave and Cathy, are our current trailer hosts. couple

We briefly went to a New Year's party at Dain's parents. Everyone was so generous and in a party mood, I'm afraid I was just a wet blanket. I'm really bad at doing parties anyway, and I was very tired.

I banged out 16.5 miles today, and 15.5 of them were on hard surfaces. Very hard on the legs, but all is well. Total so far: 453.8

I have to go to bed. Sorry for the short post. Happy New Year, everyone!

See Two Canals - One Junction

7 comments:

Ann said...

Happy New Year.

Jean Davis said...

Happy new year!

Unknown said...

Happy New Year! Gotta honor hiker midnight and sleep when you're tired. :) Happy trails in 2022, Joan! April

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Happy New Year!"

Holly Soprano said...

Happy New Year, Joan! I just read a news story about you posted on our "55+ Hikers" Facebook Group. You are an inspiration to all of us! I am looking forward to following your journey. I had never heard of the NCT, so thank you for raising awareness for the trail! I definitely want to check that out!
May 2022 bring you wonderful adventures, health, happiness and peace. Wishing You Happy trails from Utah. - Holly

Lin said...

I'm with you....I crap out at New Year's early every year and I'm not big on parties...especially NY's parties. Forced fun.

Here's to a happy, healthy and successful New Year, Shark!

The Furry Gnome said...

Happy Hiking Joan!