Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, July 24, 2009

What Happened to the White Aspen?

 

white aspen in summer

Remember the White Aspen tree, Populus alba, that I showed you this spring? They young leaves were like white velvet, but I said in summer it would look as green as any other tree. Well, I decided to show you that today.

Actually, this is a poor substitute for what I should have showed you, but I left home without my camera to have lunch with a friend. Can you believe that we found a bizarre ornamental tree that neither of us had ever seen before, Michigan lilies in bloom, and a doe and spotted fawn that were just POSED for portraits. But, sigh... no camera, and probably no time before I leave to even go picture the lilies. So what you get is a tree.

Here is the same tree, in June, and yesterday. You can see how much the color has changed.
white aspen, Junewhite aspen, July

See White Trees - Part I

No comments: