Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Packing!

 
Guess what I'm going to be doing next week. It's the May hike with Marie. We'll be in the Catskill Mountains of New York. I have way too much to do in order to be able to leave here on Saturday, but I'm on a mission.

Today, one of the jobs was to check in the camping equipment and make sure it's in good condition.

photo label

See Trail Work Day
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


9 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

Seeing all of that stuff reminds me that I probably would have no idea what to pack for a journey like that. I'm in awe.

Shelly said...

Have fun and be safe.

Hugs and chocolate,
Shelly

Secondary Roads said...

On the trail again . . . Can't wait to get on the trail again . . .

Wordswork said...

Do you carry all that on your back Joan? The water alone looks as if it would weigh a ton. On a 5 day hike in South Africa I carried a maximum of 12 kg. Admittedly we had access to water most of the time along the trails. Miss those days, I've only done day hikes in Canada.

Ann said...

Sounds like fun, have a great time

Lin said...

Holy crud! What's with all the spam???!

Well, this reminds me of packing for camping...and all that you have to bring. Dang, I wish I was going with ya, Shark. Sounds like a fun time! Be safe and enjoy!

vanilla said...

Tramping through the woods, tra la!
Enjoy.

Sharkbytes said...

Ratty- no awe, just practice and organization

Shelly- Thanks!

Chuck- You got that right

Hi Wordswork- not sure who you are, but obviously (?) someone I know. Anyway, this isn't a backpacking trip. Just basecamping. Still it will be great to be out there.

Ann- Thanks

Lin- yeah... Blogger usually catches more of it. We will have lots of fun!

vanilla- tralala to be sure!



RNSANE said...

As you know, I've never been a hiker but I do enjoy it vicariously through your adventures.