Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, July 29, 2013

Canadian Rainbow

 
I bet you didn't know that Canadian rainbows are different, but they are.

For one thing, they last for miles and miles! And you can see they are complete, right across the road.

photo label

But here's the really special thing. Almost every time a car went by me in the opposite direction the rainbow completed the arc on the left side of me, in front of the trees, in front of the fields. It came right down across the road and ended at my left front tire.

photo label

So, I guess that means that I live in the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow all the time. And isn't that the whole purpose of this blog? Just took a Canadian rainbow to remind me.

Busy work day today helping Elaine. Maybe pictures tomorrow. It's a bit of a fragmented project.

if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

7 comments:

D.G. Hudson said...

Canadian Rainbows are neat, I saw a double one a couple of years ago. But, I've never seen one come down to the road in front of the car, I wonder what the scientific explanation is - refraction?

Good eye!

vanilla said...

What a nice reminder that we do live in the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!

john bain said...

I would love to visit Canada one day.

Secondary Roads said...

A fragmented project seems to describe my life. I'd be surprised if yours were much different.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

So, so beautiful!

Ann said...

well aren't you the lucky lady to be living in the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow :) Very cool

RNSANE said...

Well, you are never poor, Joan...the pot of gold is always there somewhere. Beautiful pictures. Here in India, there is all this monsoon rain but I haven't seen a rainbow yet.