Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, October 6, 2014

The Romance and the Reality

 
moon

I like to pretend that my space out back is a special place where only the beautiful and romantic (in the classical sense of the word) can be found. The sky was clear and the almost full Hunter's Moon was watching over my kingdom.

moon

The stark reality is that I have to frame these pictures carefully. I don't do this to purposely be deceptive, although that is how some people might see it. A Pollyanna viewpoint. I choose to focus on the positive, in this blog. For me, more than for you. I already know all the negative stuff around me, but I try not to allow it to capture me.

moon

This grass is just an ordinary brown field, but check out the romance with a sunset behind it.

grass in sunset

grass in sunset

A big dose of reality for us right now is that we need a horribly huge pile of money, fast. I have opened an eBay store and will be listing things daily. This can, at best, put a small dent in the problem, but if you are so inclined to take a look, I'd be honored. You might see something you'd like. Shark Enterprises eBay Store. My books are there, and also on Amazon and other places, and I will continue to write. We just need to move a lot of other things out, as quickly as possible. Thank you for reading.



if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


5 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Like the story of the photos, but sorry if you're facing a financial challenge.

Lin said...

That's how I am about where we live. I like the space just inside the fence...and try not to look over or past it or I just get annoyed.

I wish I had a lot of money to give you, my friend. To solve your problem. :(

Ann said...

We all have enough reality in our lives so blocking that out and focusing in on the romance is a good way of keeping a positive outlook.
Sorry to hear about the financial issues. That's a stressful situation.

Secondary Roads said...

I hope the financial situation clears itself in the very near future.

Life does have the quality with which we endow it. Like you, I try to see the positive side of matters.

Loritenor said...

You would have had fun with your camera early this morning watching the lunar eclipse here from my deck. The sky was party cloudy, but the clouds were drifting around enough to enhance the scenes even more. Very cool indeed and I can just imagine the photos you would have gotten!