Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

The Road Ahead to Level Five- It's Official

 
I've made a commitment to what the road ahead will look like for me this year.

Johnson Road

No, probably not snow covered for the next twelve months! But I find that photograph very appealing. (Johnson Road, a couple of miles from me.)

And the personal picture I'm trying to create is going to get very real on April 20. That will be my final day of work at the paper (in the mailroom- I'll still write my column). I talked to them yesterday, so I can now give this information publicly.

I'm going to be a full-time writer and adventurer- Level Five of my Life. Let's hope I really can sell enough books to make this work. I've got some money saved to allow me to finish the trailer, and begin to do more author events and things. But it won't happen without a lot of commitment and work on my part.

I'm SO ready to do this, and a tiny bit scared too. I'm willing to be frugal, but don't have a burning desire to live in abject poverty all the time.

In other news: there's not much other news. I was tired after work and haven't done much the rest of the day. Watched a movie, and am baking something to try to stay ahead of that huge fruit basket gift!

Winter Cobbler: Apples, pears, grapes

winter cobbler


See The Light at the End of the Non-Tunnel
See A Piece of the Next Level
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


5 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Wow! Congratulations! Big step forward!

Unknown said...

YAY!!!! Exciting news indeed! Good to have the decision made re: the official retirement and committment to forge ahead! Congrats

Ann said...

Sounds very exciting. Best of luck to you ont this new path or maybe super highway :). Well whatever type of road you're following may it be bump free.

Secondary Roads said...

I like that first pic. Looks like my kind of road. The second one sure looks inviting.

Congrats on making the next step official. Here's hoping that all goes to plan for you.

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello sharkbytes its dennis the vizsla dog oh hay wow this sownds verry eksiting kongratchoolayshuns and best of lukk up their on level five!!! and a verry happy twenny ate teen to yoo!!! ok bye