Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Still Eating Biscuits

 
These are the biscuits I made the other day, but I'm still eating them, resisting the urges to eat 6 or 8 at a time. (With some success.)

homemade biscuits

I missed the picture I wanted to show you. I couldn't get the camera ready fast enough. I had to go to the library first thing this morning because my connection speed is not fast enough to download the proof files for the book. While I was sitting there working, a little boy, maybe 4 years old, came to the counter. (His dad was in the children's room). He handed a book up to the lady and asked to check it out. The counter is higher than he is tall, so he had to lift it over his head. I really wanted the picture of the moment when the librarian handed it back to him. But it all happened too fast. You'll have to imagine it.

In other news: It's all other news. I did the book proofs; I worked on finance records; I did laundry, washed dishes, did a bunch of other stupid things which I can now cross off my list until more stupid things take their place. But, I should be in good shape to leave tomorrow afternoon at 3 pm.

See Biscuits
if you like this blog, click

Like This!


3 comments:

Ann said...

Now I'm hungry for a fresh hot biscuit covered in butter :)
I can picture the little boy in the library, cute

Rick (Ratty) said...

I only learned how to make things like biscuits in the last few years. But I recently bought a bread machine. I've started making a very good low-carb bread recipe. I'm getting to where I can slice that bread almost as good as the store-bought stuff.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Biscuits??? Yes please!"