Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, February 23, 2020

Extemporizing on Dinner

 
I usually have a big salad for dinner but I completely ran out of lettuce and wasn't willing to go to the store. So I was contemplating the possibilities. A friend posted a picture of an apple/pecan/chicken salad on Facebook. Aha! I have apples, pecans and grapes. And some yogurt. No chicken, but that's ok. All set for supper, and it was yummy.

fruit salad

I walked my usual 3-mile loop. The temperature hit 40 degrees and I just had to get out for a bit. Nothing out of the ordinary to see. I tried for a picture of a hawk in flight, but missed it. I've hunted a larger version of this picture, but it was apparently completely gone before the camera recorded the scene. I tried...

winter trees

In other news: I wrote my newspaper column, worked on the various projects, and took the walk.

See Let the Harvest Begin

1 comment:

Ann said...

That dinner would work for me. I hate cooking any more