Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, January 20, 2024

Alabama is Closed

 They had seven inches of snow here a few days ago that has basically turned to ice because they don't have equipment to clear the roads. No church tomorrow, most businesses and restaurants are still closed. Randy wanted to take me to see several places this weekend, but none of them are open.

This morning I played sous chef for Annette.
chopped ingredients for quiche


What do you think we made?
quiche ready to bake


Did you guess quiche? It was a yummy brunch. One of the best quiches I've had. We think using heavy cream and extra-sharp cheese were two of the reasons.
quiche


We watched a movie and some TV shows.

They have an aged mouse named Miss Pink. She is really old for a mouse, but seems happy and healthy.
white mouse


The hit of the day for me is CoCo. She is a lab mix, so she's smaller than a normal Chocolate Lab. At 9 months she's still a puppy and has a lot to learn, but she is a really sweet dog. She's developing some real anxiety when they leave her in a cage when they leave the house, however. I hope they can resolve that.
chocolate lab


This was last night, but I forgot I had taken this with my phone. This is sunset over the Tennessee River.
sunset over Tennessee River


We are going to try to visit the people I had hoped to see at church tomorrow.

See Stop Eight

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi Joan,

I was reading North Country Quest today, triple play in the ADK and just outside the Blue line. Still need your 3:30pm shake recipe.

Safe travels. Sarah.

Ann said...

The snow is following you :) 7 inches isn't much if you're used to it but in those parts it's a whole different story.
CoCo looks like a sweetheart. They make calming chews that help with anxiety. I give them to Gibbs from time to time when he starts having problems at night being left in the basement.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Java Bean: "Ayyy, CoCo is very cute! I wonder if she would be down for a game of chase ..."
Lulu: "Our Dada says this post title makes him think of the time Iron Man told the bad guys from space 'Earth is closed today' in one of those Avengers movies. Unfortunately they didn't listen."