Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, January 21, 2024

Got Out to One Place

 We made it out to see one friend, although even with Randy's truck it was hard to get up a slight hill to one corner. But the main road was pretty clear. We did not make it to the other friend's house. Their road has actually been closed. But we hope to get together tomorrow.

Here we all are. Annette and Randy my hosts, Marleen, me and CoCo!
friends


That picture was at Randy's house because we all came back here so they could see trail pictures. But while we were at Marleen's, CoCo had some nice exercise in the big fenced back yard.
man playing with dog


The joke was that Annette wanted to take food to Marleen because Marleen always cooks for them. But Marleen was up to her usual tricks and cooked a whole meal for all of us. Believe me, we are not short of food on this trip!

One fun thing for me was that I got to play the piano a little bit. I'm horribly out of practice, but I had a lot of fun, and no one yelled at me to stop.
woman playing piano


One possibly interesting thing about these friends is that I met them all through Loretta, from when she lived here. However, I visited here often enough that several people have become my friends too. Randy and Annette even came to Michigan once.

See Alabama is Closed
See a 2018 picture of us

3 comments:

Ann said...

Even with all that snow, it sounds like you are having a great time

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Tickling the ivories!"

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- we are. We'll have to visit the local attractions another time.

Lulu- maybe more like beating on them, but touch was involved.