Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, January 13, 2024

Fun, and Games

 In the morning today, I gave my program to a group at Loretta's church. No pictures. I'm always too busy to get any, and we all forgot.

I finally got to meet a couple that Loretta has known for 23 years. When she went to Brazil to do mission work, they were her team leaders. I've heard a lot about them, but had never actually seen them. They live in this town and also came to the program. We went out to lunch. Ron and Alana are in the back. Loretta is right front, and the girl left front is Ligia, from Brazil, who is going to college here.
friends at a restaurant


We chilled in the afternoon. My car had some work done today at Loretta's garage, but they got that done.

Then we went to Ron and Alana's house for dinner. After that we played Farkle. My first introduction to that game. It's mostly luck, but may require some of the gambler instinct to know when to keep going and when to quit.
playing Farkle


Ligia is pretty smiley anyway, but she won the first game, so had plenty of reason to smile.
playing farkle


There were bad storm warnings for here last night, but not much of that materialized. However, the temperatures are quite chilly for Louisiana.

See Stop Six- Loretta

1 comment:

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- it was too much luck for me to call it a favorite.