Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, January 2, 2024

First Stop- Ester

  This almost doesn't count as leaving home. But I'm 3+ hours on my way. I'm basically using Ester as a motel for tonight. I'll stop here again on the way home to actually spend enough time with her to do something.
friends


After I got here, I took a fast 3-mile road walk. This fat little donkey watched me go by.
donkey


A few houses down, I found a stiff friend for the donkey.
donkey lawn ornament


The best "natural" (it's man-made) feature is this pond. It's that time of year when there isn't much color anywhere. But this was at least something.
small pond


So far, I've only discovered one important thing I forgot. But I can work around that.

The biggest treat of the day was a tiny piece of chestnut pie that Ester saved for me from her party this past weekend.

See Last Time I Saw Ester

3 comments:

Ann said...

What a cute donkey. I don't know about the friend. He seems a bit stand-offish.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Charlee: "That lucky donkey, getting to be fat! Why don't WE get to be fat?!"
Chaplin: "Because Dada weighs all our food."
Charlee: "So unfair!"

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- very stodgy!

C&C- I almost wonder if there is going to be a baby donkey.