Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, January 11, 2024

Stop Six- Loretta

 Here I am at stop number six, state eight, and the seventh set of friends/relatives. You know this person already- SIL Loretta. We are good friends.
friends


I got here in good time. We were going to go to a concert at her church, but it started early, and by the time we got settled and got some dinner, it was too late. That's OK; I may have made it to tired.

Said goodbye to JoJo this morning. We had such good times. She didn't want me to leave, but I told her that's just when a guest should leave- before they wear out the welcome.
friends


And it was an extra perk that I got along well with Charlie too. We had such a good time doing some walks and talking about plants, ecosystems, architecture, books, and more.
friends


I forgot to tell you that we heard both a great horned owl and a pair of barred owls from their house. That's interesting. They do live fairly near White Rock Lake, but it's within the city limits.

Tomorrow I'm doing a program in the morning, and then I think there are other things planned. See you then!

See Cedar Cliffs

2 comments:

The Oceanside Animals said...

Java Bean: "Ayyy, we hear the great horned owls here, too. Sometimes we even see them. They are huge!!!"
Lulu: "That must be why they're called 'great'."

Sharkbytes said...

Java- keep your kittie siblings out of the owls' sights!