Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, January 5, 2024

Stop Four- Cousin Jean

  I'm now four days,five states, and one complete audio book into this adventure. I'll be spending a full day with my third cousin Jean. We can hardly believe it was ten years ago that we got reaquainted. Before that... we hadn't seen each other since we were 14. You can read more about "us" at the link below.

We have a lot in common and are really looking forward to having more time than just this evening to spend together. This evening we went out to a restaurant, and I had a really good chicken salad sandwich.
cousins


Interestingly enough, for the first time, I think I can see a bit of her grandmother in her face. I can see a bit of my grandmother in mine. Our grandmothers were first cousins.

The drive didn't lend itself to pictures. This is mostly what I saw. I would have liked to catch a picture of the Missouri River at Kansas City, but there was too much traffic and it was raining slush at that point. The weather was icky for only that short stretch. It never became much of a problem for the driving.
Iowa highway


There should be a great deal more interesting things to share tomorrow. Today was really about getting here.

See Stop Three- Gary
See Jean Hall and Joan Hall

No comments: