Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Cleveland/Bradley County Greenway

 Lin and I went for a walk this morning before it started raining. Cleveland, TN, is quite a large city, and they have a greenway that runs pretty much the entire length with some branches.
Bradley County Greenway


The trail follows Mouse Creek for a long way. It's the wrong season for really pretty pictures, but this one isn't too bad.
Mouse Creek


Every kind of trail has advantages. As much as I loved yesterday's hilly, natural walk, today we could walk fast and cover some ground. We did a total of four miles.
friends


There were also some interesting trees and shrubs planted. I'll save some for another day, but here's another of the Mahonia bushes. This is the one which is sometimes called Oregon-grape or holly-leaved barberry. It's Berberis aquifolium, which basically means it's a barberry with holly-like leaves. duh. Maybe I'll catch on and remember this one the next time I see it. It's not the same species as was at the Dallas Arboretum, but I did see this one in Alabama once before.
Mahonia


I tried to get a picture of a mockingbird, but he didn't want to pose. However, this squirrel just sat up and said, "Take my picture."
gray squirrel


The best wildlife sighting of the day was out Lin's back door. They've seen sandhill cranes fly over, but never had them land before. They stayed long enough to really watch them a while.
sandhill cranes


Joe made yummy potato leek soup for dinner, and then we got out a puzzle. I'll show you more about that tomorrow.

Cleveland/Bradley County Greenway, Cleveland, TN. Mohawk Drive to Keith St. and back. 4 miles

See Lin and Joe

4 comments:

The Oceanside Animals said...

Charlee: "Mouse Creek??? We are so ther—"
Lulu: "SQUIRREL!!!!!"

Ann said...

Very thoughtful of the squirrel to offer to pose for you.

vanilla said...

Lin walks with you, the wild creatures pose, and Joe cooks for you. Paradise right there in Tennessee!

Sharkbytes said...

Charlee- I did not see any mousees, but they may be there. Plenty of squirrels. What Lin does have is a cat named Owen. I'll get his picture tomorrow.

Ann- it was funny- they are usually so skittish.

Vanilla- no kidding! They are excited that I will see you.