Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

One Unique Shark

 
On first reading, that title might appear to be redundant, since "one" and "unique" should be the same thing. However...

shark Christmas ornament

Omer had this one designed and made for me by a friend of his. It is truly unique... the only one like it in the world. Laser-cut wood, in case you can't tell.

However, I do have two shark Christmas ornaments. You've seen the other one. It's very cool, but not unique- mass produced. The jaws open and close when you twist his tail. So, I have one unique shark.

shark Christmas ornament

These are the two holiday examples in what has become a reasonably decent collection of sharks.

Of course, I like to think that I'm a pretty unique shark, so maybe I have two unique sharks, but I don't wear a Santa hat.

I also went skiing today, but did not see a shark or a hawk. Lots of snow, though. It was hovering just above zero, but didn't feel as cold as yesterday when the wind was blowing. I do like the variety of textures and tones in this picture of sumac trees against the pines.

snow on sumacs

In other news: I blew out the driveway, did a bunch of stupid little jobs and I guess, not much else (that I can seem to remember). Tomorrow, it's back to work.

See Christmas 2009
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


3 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

I'll start watching for sharks around here!

Ann said...

not only is that shark unique but quite nice too

Secondary Roads said...

One of my new favorite expressions is, "Remember you are unique and special. Just like everyone else."