Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Puzzle, Puzzle

 
A lot of people have been spending time during this "confinement" by doing jigsaw puzzles. Well, I can't see that many puzzles go by without wanting to play too.

Today, I finished this one, which was pretty hard. It's a collection of men's accessories. The big areas of brighter color were easy, but the fussier items were tricky, and the leather chest in the middle was really hard. I had to go completely by color tone and piece shape to complete it.

So, I like this puzzle a lot. I like the picture, and I liked the difficulty level.

jigsaw puzzle

You may or may not remember my historic addiction to jigsaw puzzles. You can read the whole story at the link below if you have any interest in the history. Where this is going is that this was the last puzzle currently in the house that I hadn't already done. That's not usually a big deal. I'm willing to redo puzzles a lot of times. However, the only big ones I have any more, I've done within the past couple of years. So, I treated myself to a new one!

I would have been content to get a couple of used ones at Goodwill and take my chances with missing pieces while saving a ton of money. But, Goodwill is not open. So, I bought a brand new one. And it's also a game. There is a little murder story in that booklet. You read that, then put the puzzle together to get more clues, and try to solve the mystery. They had several to choose from, and this one is called "Recipe for Murder." I mostly chose it because I liked the picture the best.

jigsaw puzzle

In other news: I did some volunteer stuff, and then did errands (yes, there are a few that need doing even during a lock-down), and I got groceries and gas.

See The Jigsaw Puzzle Obsession

4 comments:

vanilla said...

Our dining room table is occupied with a puzzle right now. It's been there a couple of weeks but it is nearing completion. I'll let you know.

Ann said...

I don't have any puzzles in the house but I have done some online.

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Yes, Vanilla- You are one of the ones I blame! :)

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Hmm, looks like a lot of orange in that puzzle. Dada would approve!"