Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, December 22, 2022

Buck, Buck, Pluck

  I'm just letting the peace of not having a schedule rule while I am here. The day was a lot like the one linked below from 5 years ago. I really can't believe it's been that long since I spent time with these friends.

There were some chores, the most picturesque one of which was feeding the chickens and collecting eggs.
chickens
nest of eggs

Pam went shopping, and didn't need me to come. That was perfect because I hate shopping. So I read books. After dinner we did some music- one of the best things about being with these friends, and then we played a game.

I'm sure that these laid back days sound very dull compared to my 385 days of hiking and seeing something different every day, but I am in sloth and recovery mode. This is just what I need right now.
woman playing harp


See Harp

3 comments:

Ann said...

Laid back days work for me. That's pretty much how all my days are any more other than going to work

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- I am enjoying this SO much.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "385 days is a long time out on the trail! Nothing wrong with getting in a little chicken time!"
Java Bean: "Merry Christmas!"