Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, December 25, 2022

Christmas Day 2022

  I'm posting early today, as I anticipate a quiet day which will be perfect for me this year. I hope your holiday will be just what you need too, whether it is filled with children and chaos, special rememberances and traditions, something wild and crazy, or just quiet time. Perhaps you don't celebrate Christmas, but prefer to just call this the holiday season. I do believe in the "Reason for the Season," and pray for special blessings for you all.

For those of you who have followed my hike for a year, I'll definitely be taking a break till spring. There are 8-20 inches of snow everywhere I need to finish hiking the North Country Trail. Thanks for following along, for your encouragement and friendship. Often you've provided actual concrete help to speed me on my way. I have blogged almost every day for 14 years, and I'll continue to do so. Keep reading if you wish, or come back when I pick up the hike.

Merry and blessed Christmas!

See Christmas Party

6 comments:

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Merry Christmas!"
Chaplin: "And thank you for your many years of blog friendship!"

Secondary Roads said...

Merry Christmas to you from Sylvia and me. I eagerly look forward to your daily blog posts.

Doug said...

Merry Christmas Joan, hope you have a blessed and peaceful Christmas. Had hoped to quiz you in person about Ohio miles just south of MI border. I'll message you directly. I'm hoping to do the NCT (50 miles?) portion in April.

Ann said...

Merry Christmas. Enjoy your break until spring.

PamDDO said...

Merry Christmas, Joan, from Pam of Pam and Gilbert, cycling on folding bikes. We met near the Erie Canal in May, and I have not only been following your adventures since then, but went back and read your entire blog, and bought and read all your Ana books. Count me as a big fan of yours! Looking forward to reading more from you, whether on the trail or just doing puzzles or shoveling snow at home. Best wishes from Pam of 2bikes4adventure.

Sharkbytes said...

Lulu, Charlee, Chaplin, Java Bean, Dada, Mama, and all the angel dogs- I'm glad we met in the blogosphere. Your Dada's gift to me was the A&E Nero Wolfe series.

Chuck and Sylvia- Thanks! Hope to see you one of these days.

Doug- Well, when I come back, I'll still need shuttles!

Ann- my most faithful commentator. Best wishes to you!

Pam- How fun! Of course I remember you. Hope you have some great adventures this year.