Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, December 23, 2022

Chores and Fun

  One of the things I find particularly satisfying is to work with other people to accomplish things that need to be done. Today, that translated into helping my friends with chores. Let me first say that it was amazing to be sleeping in a house where I didn't even know that the wind was blowing, the temperature dropping, and the snow accumulating outside. There were about 14 magical inches of white stuff to be removed. Doug and Pam have 2 Air BnB units and one had renters coming today, so we needed to clean things up. Pam and I shoveled the foot paths.
shoveling snow

Doug, however, gets out the big guns to clear the driveways!

Later the neighbors stopped by, and their little boy was waiting with great anticipation for Doug to put on some music and sing with him. It was very cute.
toddler watching an adult

Pam and I worked on a little fix-it project in the house that we hope to finish tomorrow. I love helping people with things like this. I also got to read some more, and then we did music again in the evening. Tonight was guitar and accordion. With Pam you never know what instrument it will be the next night. I love it!

I can't really tell you how much these people mean to me. They are two of my dearest friends. They say they are so happy to have me with them for Christmas this year, and it couldn't possibly be a better place for me.
friends


See Buck, Buck, Pluck

4 comments:

Ellie said...

Merry Christmas! So glad that you are warm, safe, and with such good friends. Have a very Merry Christmas, filled with love, peace, and good times.

Cindy said...

Merry Christmas! Sounds like you are having a nice time with a couple of wonderful friends. Enjoy

Ann said...

That's a lot of snow. Enjoy your time there and have a Merry Christmas.

Sharkbytes said...

Thanks, everyone. Michigan is getting pounded. This is a great place to be.