Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, April 16, 2023

Dale, Hill, Bob, Bill - Day 408

We wanted to do some miles today before the rain began, so we picked a shorter section that was pretty hilly. This little stream in a dale had nice stepping stones.
stepping stones in stream


The big feature of the day was crossing the Chandler Hills. It's a 300 foot climb to get over this ridge. Not huge, but the biggest I've had to hike up in a while. This is just one of the valleys the trail climbs to reach the top.
trail in a valley


One more sign of spring- Dutchman's breeches in bloom.
dutchman's breeches


Wait! Who's this doing some work on the trail? Yup, Bob came out to meet us again.
trail work


We finished hiking almost before the rain hit. We didn't get too wet. Then Bob kidnapped us and took us to his house where he and his wife, Gaye, fed us nachos. So now I've met the wives of both brothers. Here are the boys with Gaye in the middle. Can you tell Bill from Bob? I finally can.
friends


Now we are back at the trailers. It's raining, but I've had a shower, and we are taking tomorrow off. I've hiked for 16 days in a row and my body needs a break. It's supposed to rain and snow tomorrow. Quite a change from the 90 of yesterday!

The amazing thing is that if we can stick to my proposed schedule, there are only 11 more days to hike until I'm ready to start my home chapter miles. And, of course, the Trap Hills. Sigh.

Miles today: 7.8. Total miles so far: 4544.1.

See TClosing Another Gap

2 comments:

Ann said...

Other than those two wearing different glasses, I can't tell the difference.
Nachos sound good.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- the differences are subtle, but I find it amazing that they still look so much alike. Often as twins age the changes make them less similar.