Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, April 28, 2023

Sunshine - Day 420


This could have been titled "Mary Poppins Day." You know... "practically perfect in every way." For starters, the sun came out! More Manistee River.
Manistee River


There were a few hills, but the miles were generally pretty level. If you must do a road walk, isn't this a nice one? This is actually a private campground road, so it's really nice.
curvy road


The last two-thirds of the day were along Hodenpyl Dam Pond. I've linked below to my last hike in this section instead of yesterday's hike. These are arguably some of the prettiest miles in the LP.
Hodenpyl Dam Pond


The marsh marigolds are beginning to bloom.
marsh marigolds


My luck getting pictures of birds was zero, but I saw a bluebird, a small hawk (I don't think it was a redtail, but I'm not sure), two male wood ducks, cormorants, and I heard a loon. There were the usual honky geese, robins, redwing blackbirds, and mallards, and some buffleheads.

However, I did see my first turtle of the year. This year, it's a painted turtle.
painted turtle


And today! With the leaves bigger and the sun shining, the camera could see the green "Christmas lights" in the trees.
new leaves on trees


Miles today: 10.5. Total miles so far: 4648.3,

See SPW Annual Meeting

4 comments:

AsylumNut said...

Nice! Love that area!

Ann said...

Nothing like a day full of sunshine. That is a nice road to walk

Sharkbytes said...

Ann and Asylum- a truly nice day

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Such a pretty walk! That is a very alert-looking turtle!"