Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, April 13, 2023

Buddy Bill's Back! - Day 405


I am happy to tell you that Bill is back for a little more time. He probably can't stay quite till the end of this segment, but close.
hiker


We started at Five Lake which actually looks like a lake today. I've seen it when it was only a marshy wet meadow. This is memorable to me because it's where I spent Y2K New Year's Eve. If you've read North Country Cache you know that Irene drove all the way from New York to spend that night- so fraught with fear for many- with me in a snow fort!
Five Lake


Another sure sign of spring is the preparation of fields. Something was being sprayed from the trucks. We think these are potato fields.
spraying fields


The most memorable natural feature of the day was Sand Lake. We ate lunch on the shore in 73 degree sunshine, feeling very summery. I sure am glad I bought a pair of shorts.
Sand Lake


Two more days of this really warm weather. Then there will be some storms and we will hunker down and rest on whichever day seems the best choice. I'm feeling more upbeat as I see some of the gaps begin to fill in on this silly hit and miss method of hiking the LP. I really wanted continuity on this hike, but a desire to finish in some sort of reasonable time frame took precedence.

Miles today: 9.0. Total miles so far: 4516.2.

See Winter Spring Summer

2 comments:

Classicdan1965 said...

You're getting it done. That's what counts. Keep on hiking!

Sharkbytes said...

Hi Dan- thanks!