Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Back on Snowshoes - Day 397


Rather than drive an hour each way to hike only a little over 5 road miles, we decided to take on a woods section near where we are staying.

We started by waiting out a line of thunderstorms in the car. After that went through, we didn't have any more rain.
snowy woods


The snow was soft and mostly deep. The terrain was hilly. The walking was difficult. By the time we finished I could hardly lift my legs again. I sure am not feeling very tough.
red pines in snow


The cows wondered what we were doing, and so did we!
cows


There's not much more to say. We did finish the section.

Miles today: 5.4. Total miles so far: 4439.9

See Double Digits

4 comments:

Cindy said...

You are one tough and determined lady. I love the photo with the cows.

Ann said...

Glad you were able to finish one of the tougher sections. I hope the next one is easier.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "I think the cows are playing the 'One of these things is not like the others' game ..."

Sharkbytes said...

Unknown- some days....

Ann- I have to find easier sections. My goal is to live through this hike :D

Lulu- I think you are right, but there was also a gray one. So two of these things...