Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, September 4, 2023

On the Road


It's been years... like probably since the 1990s that I've crossed into Canada in Detroit. But here's one of the famous landmarks along I-94.
uniroyal tire


And it's the first time since Covid started that I went through Canada to get to NY.

Over the Ambassador Bridge. No waiting at all.
Ambassador Bridge


You realize I had to take these pictures with just "point and shoot." So not all the results are great. However, you can just see the towers for the new Gordie Howe bridge down the Detroit River a little bit.


It took longer than usual through Canada. I'm not sure why. Then "Wanda," the voice for my Google maps was being very insistent that I not use the Peace Bridge in Buffalo. She wanted me to go up to Niagara Falls. This was because the Peace Bridge was backed up, but I did NOT want to drive all those extra miles just to avoid waiting. It was a good thing I knew the route to the bridge without her help because she kept nagging me to turn north all the time! I finally shut her off until I got across the bridge.

Well, there was quite a wait to get back into the US at the Peace Bridge.
Peace Bridge


But eventually I made it! Buffalo skyline through the bridge, and between the semis in that lane.
Buffalo NY


Just a little farther! Where am I? I'll tell you tomorrow.

See Yipi, I'm in Ypsi

3 comments:

Ann said...

I haven't been to Canada in a long time. The last time I was there you didn't need a passport. I think it was around 2001 or 2. Sometimes those GPS navigators can be a pain

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Wow, I wouldn't want to be the one who has to jack up the car that lost that giant tire ..."

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- the enhanced license will get you in, except I think by air. Does PA have those?

Lulu- some of the big machines we saw last summer might need tires almost that big.