Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, September 9, 2023

To the Library and Beyond


The day began with my program at the Interlaken Library. This is where I had my first library experiences, reading my way through the entire children's section. There was one book I took out so many times that when the library discarded it (many many years later), they sent it to me!
Interlaken Library


Now the children's section is that whole new wing off the back left, which was where I gave my program. Someone took a picture of me doing that, but I don't have it yet, so you'll just have to imagine it.

Then a lady, Diane, had planned a luncheon at her house for a few of us who all went to school together. She has gotten interested in hiking. She's been doing some pieces of the North Country and Finger Lakes Trails, and is so excited that she wants to do pieces of the NCT in each state. We have a lot of interests in common, and it's fun to discover we might end up as more than childhood acquaintences.

The picture shows Diane and her granddaughter, Dani, who likes to hike with her. Hooray for the next generation of hikers! You can see the great pile of food that was spread out for us.
woman and girl at a food table


One of our other common interests is history, especially railroad history, and she also likes model railroads! She has N scale. You may remember that I play with HO (except it's all packed away now). Notice the Lehigh Valley theme. You may recall that's my passion, too.
model railroad


You've heard about Diane before, but you may not remember the name. She is the person who found out where my biological grandmother is buried. See Finding Ada.

Finally, Marie and I were on the road for our campsite for the next week. We got set up just before dark.
campsite


Diane gave us mac and cheese (homemade), and Marti gave us a huge bag of veggies, so we had a wonderful dinner.
camp dinner


Then we took a little walk around the campground in the dark, and now we are crashed in the tent. We do have electric.

Tomorrow we hike!

See Hometown Time

No comments: