Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Abby Sends Me Off


This morning, I said goodbye to Irene and Abby. Abby seemed sad to see me go.
dog with sad eyes


I took the slow route to my next stop because I love driving over the hills of home. I was going to name the post that, but I've used that title before, and it turned out that only one of my pictures is much good anyway. But the geography Western NY sure calls to me.
new york hills


I'll let you play a guessing game again... where am I? With someone who also like word games. We played Scrabble. We tied at 276 points each. I expcted to get clobbered because I don't play Scrabble much, and am not adept at the strategy.
scrabble game


Then we played Upwords. I REALLY expected to get beat on this one. I was getting walloped, but then made a great play, and went out when the other person still had tiles! So, I won again. Don't get too excited. We are both good at word games.
upwords


Then we went for a little walk. This is white snakeroot, formerly Eupatorium rugosum, now Ageratina altissima. Whatever you call it, it's very toxic to farm animals like sheep, goats and horses. If cows eat it, and people drink the milk or eat the meat they can get "milk fever," which can be fatal.
white snakeroot


Perhaps the best find of our little walk was a green heron on the marsh.
green heron


The focus isn't quite as good on this one, but we like how it's cleaning its foot.
green heron


Tomorrow, I'll tell you where I am. Think games and birds. The answer is....

See Did You Guess Irene?

2 comments:

Ann said...

I haven't played either one of those games in a very long time.
Abby does look sad to see you go.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "We dogs are always sad to see people go. More people means more pats and belly rubs and possibly more treats if they are soft touches ..."